Monday, July 23, 2007

Industrial Radiography

This year I am doing something practical with my Bachelor of Arts in Theology, I am learning a trade. It's not unusual for me to learn a trade, I've been learning stuff like trades since I was young. My first year out of high school I learned how a house was built and since then it's sort of haunted me. Last summer my dad and I worked on a reno for my boss and that was kind of neat since it was just my dad and me working together doing the electrical. It's nice to spend time with my dad working on a job, it was always difficult when I was younger because it was a more of a chore and never seemed like I was actually learning anything... well now this summer I'm helping the dean at Prairie with his house a bit on the side. Now, however, I'm doing something completely different using radiation to produce X-Rays (really it's gamma rays, but I don't really know what the difference is) of pipelines to inspect welds. It's pretty interesting and I really like it. It's kind of ridiculous how my parents wanted me to be an x-ray tech. I guess they'll just have to settle for a gamma-ray tech instead.

Christopher J.

No comments: