Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Updates

In three days I will have been married nine months, that's long enough to have produced a fully developed child. Fortunately, since we're not ready to have kids, we aren't having any. There's a couple that lives three floors below us however that are due to have their baby sometime in the next month or so. They were married exactly a week after us so seeing them (as rarely as we do) is sort of like staring into an alternate universe seeing how it could be. In their circumstances, he is from Kansas and she is from BC, in our circumstance I'm from BC and Natalie's from Kansas, and of course, we're not expecting any time soon (just to clarify again).
Next friday I'm going to be taking the morning off to take Natalie to get a medical exam for her application for permanent residency (immigration stuff). Interestingly enough, the lady who does these exams for permanent residency applicants works in a maternity ward. While all these lady's are going to be talking about when their due they'll probaby be looking at Natalie and think that she's three weeks along or something... at least there's a ring on her finger so it's not going to be terribly indecent or scandalous or anything like that.
I haven't been up on the blogging lately because I've been just taking it easy with only working and pretty much wasting time in the evenings doing as little as possible. I'll probably get back in the habit though since there's little else going on in this small town that I have any involvement with. It's going to be a very different summer for me then it has been in previous years. Previously I'd spend my summers working and living at home with my parents. After work we might go out for a beer, go sailing and on the weekend go camping to nit-nat windsurfing or something along those lines. It seems to me in this town that tee-totaling is the 'Christian' thing to do here and of course there's no ocean for sailing or windsurfing. Also during the summer I'd play cricket normally every week. unfortunately I get all the email for everyone on my cricket team just to make me want to go back and play all the more because I haven't been removed from my coach's email list yet. Work is pretty consuming as far as time is concerned though and on the weekends we usually watch a movie or go somewhere. So I'm starting to find stuff to do, but not as much as I'd like to. It'd be good if I could find some sport or something active to do this summer. I like playing competitively but nothing like stressful. Cricket was an ideal sport in that way, everyone would play hard, but no one really cared who won or not in the end.
One of the fellows at work will be quiting this saturday because he's moving to some small town outside of Fort McMurray. It's too bad because he's one of the most experienced guys and he's probably the most mature guys closest to my age at the place and also the most experienced. now I have to put up with two teenagers to work with come this monday. As well, this fellow who is leaving drives the three ton delievery truck. It's the biggest transport vechicle you can drive without needing a special liscense. I'm a little unsure about driving it because I've never driven anything so big, but I guess it's either me or one of the two teens (one of whom doesn't even have a liscense) so it has to be me. Come monday, I'll be driving all over central and southern alberta in this beast delievering the homehardware stuff: roof truses, lumber, ect. I really hope I don't hit anything; I have a great driving record, I'd like to keep it that way. It's pretty different driving it because your so high up it's not as easy to tell how wide you are or how far over you are in a lane. I want more practice before I have to give this three ton truck a shot full time. It's different driving the truck I normally drive, but I'm really excited about the three ton, just really apprehensive about it at the same time.
I recently heard that someone from Michigan regularly checks my blogg from my friend Katie. I wonder if I know who it is. I felt like I should be updating this site a little more regularly if people actually look at this site. In anycase, I best be getting some sleep since I have to work tommorow.

~Christopher J.

No comments: