Monday, January 22, 2007

Talking with Oma

 
Well, today I got to talk to Oma. (That's dutch for Grandma). It's nice to talk to my Oma every so often, espicially since I don't get to see her very often. She's going to have to sell her place soon and move into a home where she can be better taken care of. Someone isn't home all the time and sometimes she forgets critical things like insulin so it'll be good if/when she does move into a home. Oma was saying that her drain was plugged and that according to some guy's estimate it would be something like 1,700 dollars to get it cleared. It sounds like someone's trying to rip off my Oma just because she's older. Well, I don't live anywhere near her, and I kind of wish I did, but as is the case with all my relatives, they're far away. I never really grew up knowing my relatives with the exception of a few families. It was always neat to go to my grandma's for Christmas, or to visit Oma during one of my parents holidays. The one thing that was cool about growing up was that when my parents took a day off work to go to Vancouver and visit relatives was that they would take us with them because we were to young to be left alone. I wish I was too young to be left alone. It's kind of funny how people regress when they get older. When your first born you are in completely dependant on others, and eventually when you get older you return to that state. I guess it's kind of God's natural form for humiliation. Certianly no one can really go to God proud, if they did, they'd surely be surprised when they met someone greater then they, but if they were someone who is completely dependant on God and others, then I guess your stuck with your faith and a few friends and family, so in the end when you do go to God, it's probably better to be older in a much more dependant state of faith, then being young and independant like me. Then again, by the time your eighty, you may just make it look easy.
~Christopher J.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: