Monday, November 20, 2006

Manual Labour

Well today I managed to pull off two hours wage for the work of one hour. Of course I had permission for this little bit of self-bonusing. I spent the better part of the morning that should be spent in bed moving these cabinets for the library with Mr. Wicks, Daniel and David. These cabinets weren't so bad, but by the time we got to the third one it was a bit of trouble. I bet it weighed about as much as me (170) and it was a real pain because we had to carry them down these random stairs that head into the steam tunnels from access in the library. Well anyway, my hands are all red and a little sore right now. They aren't as callosed as they were at the beginning of the school year so they aren't as tough as they were. I should probably get into rock climbing or something before my 170 ibs turns from muscle into fat.
It's days like this that I wonder if I'm in the wrong department, I love doing physical work way more then writing papers and stuff, but I can't handle the people I have to work with because they have no brains but they do have a lot of character. There are those who do manual labour with a lot of character, then there are those who don't with out a whole lot a of character but a lot of brain... there must be a middle ground somewhere.
~Christopher J. Posted by Picasa

No comments: