Saturday, April 07, 2007

Situational Eschatology: How Dispensationalism Became Fundamental

 

Well, I'm getting it done, It's not getting done fast, but it's getting done, Here's another exerpt from my paper of doom:
For Darby, the invisible church or body of Christ is distinctively heavenly in nature. The union shared by believers was also an eschatological tension held by Darby. While the invisible church or body is present on earth there is a distinction between the Jew and the Gentile, however, in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile. Darby writes that this union with Christ is never cited as taking place on earth but in heaven, so that since believers are not truly in Christ until heaven, they are only unified by the Spirit. Since heaven isn't on earth, believers are bound by the dispensations between Christ's first coming and His second.
Well, I think that pretty acurately describes the dispensational system as I have been able to understand it. I hope my little add up above is cool enough, I think it's catchy, I like the background photo.
Christopher J.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: